All,
Are there any plans for implementation of this functionality? I'm getting
weary having to manage two, 25,000 line, mappings files. One for my incoming
XML and one for the database. It would be _really_ nice if I could simply
mark a sql field as transient and castor would simply ignore reading and
writing this field to the database.

I can't be the only one having to manage two mappings files, am I? Does
anyone have a work-around?

-john:m
-----
private Answer answerQuestion( Question q )
        throws LackOfCoffeeException,UserIsCluelessException {
        if( q == null || q.isStupidQuestion() )
                throw new UserIsCluelessException();
        Answer answer = generateRandomAnswer();
        if ( new Date().before(10am)
                || q.doesntRegister()
                || (answer == null || answer.isIncomprehensible()) )
                        throw new LackOfCoffeeException(
                                "Please retry question after 10am
                        ");
        return answer;