Hi Arnaud user,

For Castor XML it will depend of your object model and I guess this is
true also for Castor JDO. I mean that you will need in your java object
to use Wrapper Object (java.lang.Integer) instead of primitive types
(int).
In the SourceGenerator, you can activate the option to generate the
wrapper object directly using the castor.properties file:

# Set to true if you want to use Object Wrappers instead
# of primitives (e.g Float instead of float).
# false by default.
#
#org.exolab.castor.builder.primitivetowrapper=false

Hope that helps,

Arnaud developer ;)