> Hi, all.
>
> This time I tried myself what I suggested to Marcel - but it does not
> work.
> Whatever I set the encoding to, the output is UTF-8. I also included the
> line that made no sense in my eyes - with no effect.
> Marcel, did my solution help you?
>
> If not, we have a problem with the marshalling framework. I tried to
> understand Marshaller.java but could not find the lines where Xerces
> Serializers are called with the correct/wrong encoding.
>
> Can anyone help me on that?
>
> Hiran

Hi,

In our case we marshal the object to an Document (DOM object).
With this you can use an Transformer to parse your Document to
a form you want. For example a String:

<pseudo code>

            StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();
            TransformerFactory tfactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();

            Transformer serializer = tfactory.newTransformer();
            Properties oprops = new Properties();
            oprops.put("method", "xml");
            oprops.put("indent", "no");
            oprops.put("encoding", "UTF-8");
            serializer.setOutputProperties(oprops);
            serializer.transform(new DOMSource(node), new StreamResult(sw));
            return  sw.toString();

</pseudo code>

My experience is, that any encoding i've used so far is correct. We tried
ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8.

There are probably more ways, but this one works ;-)

Good luck

Robin Hoogeboom