should be really easy to repro, just take a test case that has an OQL query with a 1:M
and do an order by :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Snyder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 1:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [castor-dev] Bug with complex ORDER BY queries (in Oracle?)

This one time, at band camp, Alexey A. Efimov said:

AAE>I think you must swap ORDER BY entries, becose REsultSet ordered in
AAE>unknown format for Castor, but it very strange. I mean that:
AAE>If first ordered by ORDER_ID
AAE>ORDER_ID | BATCH_ID
AAE>1                  1
AAE>1                  2
AAE>1                  3
AAE>2                  1
AAE>3                  1
AAE>3                  2
AAE>3                  4
AAE>
AAE>Castor look trough ResultSet and construct objects. It create 3 instance
AAE>of Order, becose id follow in this nointerapteble order.
AAE>
AAE>So, if you order by BATCH_ID
AAE>ORDER_ID | BATCH_ID
AAE>1                  1
AAE>2                  1
AAE>3                  1
AAE>1                  2
AAE>3                  2
AAE>1                  3
AAE>3                  4
AAE>
AAE>Now Castor create 7 objects, but 3 will with id = 1, 1 with id = 2 and 3
AAE>with id = 3.
AAE>
AAE>BUG in this thing!
AAE>
AAE>Bruce take look at this, please!! This is actualy bug, i guess.

I'm following the thread but I've been in meetings all day long for the
past two days. I'll first need to develop a JUnit test to reproduce this
so that I can then address the problem. I'll try to get started on this
tonight, but any help I can get from you guys would be a huge help.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","<0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'