Sorry,

In this previous email, I meant to say CORBA "Unions", not "Enums"

Scott

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      uitcity.com                 To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                  cc:

                      07/18/03 03:52 PM           Subject:  [castor-dev] IDL Enums
Revisited
                      Please respond to

                      castor-dev

Hi All,

There was a thread on this list about a year ago regarding CORBA Enums
which was never really answered, so I'd like to bring it back up.

I have a class (a CORBA Enumeration) which has several getters, only one of
which is valid per object.  There are other getters on the object that tell
you which getter is valid.

If an invalid getter is called, a RuntimeException is thrown.  Is there any
way I can set up my mapping.xml file to

a) only call the proper getter when generating XML
 -- and --
b) only call the proper setter when creating an object from the XML

Thanks for you help,

Scott