First of all I just sent an email just like my first question and
completly forgot about this one :/, Sorry about the extra mail and
reading.

I have tried to define the element like you have suggested below, and my
code, I am unable to recogize a SimpleType with no name, followed by a
restriction, although this may be the only way to go.  Are you allowed to
have facets such as minInclusive without having a restriction base?