This one time, at band camp, Richard Grill said:

RG>Bruce,
RG>
RG>thank you for the answer, but I don't have such experience (30 sec.),
RG>I have JSP/Servlet based Internet application, after acquiring exclusive
RG>lock on an object, closing the internet browser - without
RG>commiting/rollbacking transaction - then later after even 5 minutes there
RG>was no possibility to acquire exclusive lock on the same object (of course
RG>from within another transaction).
RG>
RG>> The default lock timeout and default transaction timeout are both 30
RG>seconds.
RG>Where is this configured ?

This is not currently exposed for configuration. It is hard-coded within
org.exolab.castor.persist.TransactionContext for the _lockTimeout and
the _txTimeout.

The fact that it's not releasing in-memory locks may be a bug. If you
could create a very small JUnit test case for this that is all compiled
and executed via Ant, this would be very helpful in determining if this
is actually a bug.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","<0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'