Hi,

This might be a little off topic, but we have discussed it a lot here.

How do You manage problems like the following:

You have two objects b, c of two classes B, C where b references c. (b -> c)

At the beginning b and c are persistent.
You change b and commit the change. So now b and c are transient now.
You change an attribute of b so you have to make b persitent because otherwise the change won't be written to the database. (right?) So you make it persistent.
If you save b, the field of b referencing c will be set NULL because c is still transient, so we have to make it persistent too (right?)

Well, but how do You detect which objects are to be made persistent? In the case of the object b it's obvious, but how do you detect that you have to re-load c?

I hope that I described our problem enough so You can help us.

Regards,
Michael