I know this is a rehash, but I couldn't find any current posts in the
mail archive on this.

I assume Castor will eventually support overriding Java's method access
levels via Reflection.  This is such an easy thing to do, I'm not really
sure why Castor does not support it already.

For instance, if I have an immutable property, I do not want to allow my
entire application to set it via a public modifier just so that Castor
can unmarshal my object correctly.  Therefore, I should be able to leave
the access level protected.  Castor can simply use reflection to bypass
the method access level and call the method anyway.  I can think of many
instances where this case would occur and think it should definitely be
at least an option.  What has the past thought been on this feature?  Any
chance it could be added soon?

Jeremy
--
  Jeremy Haile