That is the same problem that I ran into with the FieldHandlerFactory.

Interestingly, I didn't have this problem when using a
GeneralizedFieldHandler for java.util.Calendar (even though this class
extends java.util.Date)  But I did have this problem using a
FieldHandlerFactory for a java.util.Calendar..

Hmmmm....

Well, in that case I can only think of the approach that Renato
suggested.  Good luck!

  Jeremy Haile
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]