Okay, third time's the charm. I've changed the lingo to more accurately model the language in the docs, in the hopes of actually getting someone to read this. :)

Does anyone have a way to do this?

I'm looking to do nested attributes, where the object is accessed as...

class Location {
        getLocationMapping()
        setLocationMapping(LocationMapping lm)
}

class LocationMapping {
        getURL()
        setURL(String urlToSet)
}

with a mapping that does...

<field name="LocationDetails.url" get-method="getURL" set-method="setURL">
<bind-xml name="url"/>
</field>

... won't work, because it's looking for getURL and setURL on the wrong object; even though I've specified the nested attribute. It insists on looking for getURL and setURL on Location, not LocationMapping.

Is this a bug, a misfeature, or am I not doing something correctly? Nothing clear in the documentation on how it should behave, or whether it should or should not work.