Stephen Ince wrote:

I am using the castors key generator to generate key ids. I am intermittently getting duplicate key ids. Does anyone know of a method to have castor refresh the key generator cache if it becomes out of sync with the database? I use a plethora of databases, oracle, db2, sql server, and hsqldb.
org.exolab.castor.jdo.PersistenceException: Nested error: Key Generator Failure. Duplicated Identity is generated!'
Mapping.xml entry
<key-generator name="HIGH-LOW">
<param name="table" value="seq"/>
<param name="key-column" value="seq_table_name"/>
<param name="value-column" value="max_pk_value"/>
<param name="grab-size" value="15"/>
</key-generator>

Stephen,

Please open a Bugzilla report for this matter and include all the detail possible (e.g. Castor version, database vendor and version, etc.) . Depending on the version of Castor being used, there may be some logs that could be included. I've no idea what the problem is at this time, but it sounds as if the key gen cache has gotten out of sync with the database for some reason.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","<0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F9E<G)E=\$\!F<FEI+F-O;0\`\`");'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo