From: Sudhendra Seshachala
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 11:31 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Establishing PArent-child relationship

I have a Class as follows

Class A {

HashMap bMap = new HashMap // contanins B

}

Class B
{
        Stirng name;
        A parent;
}

Basically B has a reference to A as shown above
I tried the following mappingXML

<mapping>
        <description>Castor generated mapping file</description>
        <class name="A" identity="parent">
                <description>Default mapping for class A</description>
                <map-to xml="A"/>
        <field name=" bMap " type="java.lang.Object" collection="map"
get-            method="getBMap">
                        <bind-xml name="B" node="element"/>
        </field>

        </class>

        <class name="B">
                <field name="parent" type=" java.lang.Object " >
                        <bind-xml name="stcdbDatabaseModel"
node="element"                          reference="parent"/>
                </field>
        </class>

</mapping>

I still don't get the parent. It is null
Am I missing anything here ?? Please let me know.

Thanks
Sudhi