Kieth,

Any idea why this is happening ? I realized that castor-0.9.5.3 has other
fixes that I need, so moving to an earlier version is not an option. Does
the version of xerces being used ( xerces-2_6_2 in my case) have an effect
on the setWhitespacePreserve() call ?

Sire Chembiparambil
   IBM Global Services, AT&T ADM Account
  Tel : 732.420.0657
  E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Forwarded by sire chembiparambil/Somerset/Contr/IBM on 05/10/2004
03:41 PM -----

                      sire

                      chembiparambil           To:      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      05/06/2004 10:54         From:    sire
chembiparambil/Somerset/Contr/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      AM                       Subject: Re: [castor-dev] Newlines
being stripped from element value(Document link:
                                               sire chembiparambil)

Kieth,

I tried this too, and it does not work. I downgraded castor to version
castor-0.9.5.2 and it works fine with that.
Could the setWhitespacePreserve() be the culprit ?

Sire Chembiparambil

                      Keith Visco

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      om>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [castor-dev] Newlines
being stripped from element value
                      05/06/2004 02:13

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      castor-dev

myUnmarshaller.setWhitespacePreserve(true);

--Keith