It turns out it was a browser caching issue with
rendering the query results.  The change to mapping
did work.  Now that I have the relationships working
it brings up a question related to performance and
lazy load, which I'll start in a new email to make
topical searches easier.

--- Bruce Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jon Wilmoth wrote:
>
> > That makes complete sense!  What doesn't is why,
> after
> > changing the parent's sql mapping to the FK column
> in
> > the child table, why I still get the same
> > org.exolab.castor.jdo.DataObjectAccessException:
> Type
> > conversion error: could not set value of
> FieldMolder
> > of Product.setproductGroup(ProductGroup
> productGroup)
> > with value of type java.lang.Long error.
>
> Thanks for posting the mapping descriptor, but we
> still need to see the
> relevant client code. The exception makes no sense
> to me either. Maybe
> seeing the client code will help.
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print

unpack("u30","<0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'