Hi Jim,

Indentation is handled by the underlying XML Serializer, which basically means that Xerces is handling all the indentation.

As far as I know, it's not something that can be fine-tuned. However, Since the Castor Marshaller can marshal to any SAX ContentHandler or DocumentHandler, feel free to experiment, or use a different serializer.

--Keith

James Carter wrote:

Hi,

We're running into a problem with indented XML (where org.exolab.castor.indent=true in castor.properties for editing/readability purposes), where the extra spaces being added to a string field in order to indent it are causing the field to get too big (and fail constraints later). While we can certainly resolve the issue by disabling indentation, it would be nice to be able to control the indentation a little more so as not to "wrap" fields that have values where spaces are significant. Is this something that's possible today, or, if it's not, any ideas on where to start looking to add this feature?

Thanks,
Jim Carter