From: Gregory Block
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17.10.04 12:22
Subject: Re: [castor-dev] NotSerializableException

On 10 Oct 2004, at 22:18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In this szenario I got the NotSerializableException, than tomcat was
>configured to not allow Cookies.

Unrelated.  Your use of cookies, or not, only affects how sessions are
identified; not what is in them.  If you are trying to store a Database
object into, for example, a clustered HTTPSession, you're making a
fundamental error - that information isn't serializable, not only
because nobody wrote it to be such, but because it would be a
fundamental mistake to do so - the information held in Database cannot
be safely transported between servers, where configurations cannot be
guaranteed to be identical and the appropriate resources may be
different or inappropriately configured.

Solving clustering cannot be done purely through the use of HTTPSession;
so what really matters here is why you're essentially attempting to
serialize an object which can't be represented in serialized form
because the act of de-serialization can never be enough to recover the
state of the object at the time of serializing.

 <<footer>>