Bruce et alias,

after some investigation on my side, I come to believe that whether the cache
is used or not does not make a difference in this case. Why ? If somebody
calls Database.create() as part of as transaction, a cache entry will not be
added until execution of the commit phase. In my tests, I tried to turn the
performance caches on and off, and it simply didn't make a difference.

As already mentioned in a separate reply, I came to believe that this might
have been fixed with the 0.9.6 release candidate, but I cannot pin down the
bug number right now. All tests I have been running complete successfully,
irrespective of whether the id is part of the OQL query or not.

Werner