Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 11:10 AM
Subject: [castor-dev] Dependency on Xerces in Castor XML?

Hi,

Currently the Configuration class allows the developer to provide an alternative serializer so long as its based on the Xerces Serializer interface. Since we at CODA are try to remove Xerces from our products and use the default JVM parser and serializer, having Castor locked into Xerces this way is kind of fly in the ointment.

I was wondering what peoples thoughts where on abstracting Castor' serializer requirements into its own Serializer interface. The existing configuration property would then do a better job of allowing developers to then provide truly any serialiser they want. Of course default behaviour would be as it is now. So Castor would ship with a default implementation this new interface that works with Xerces. Thoughts? Anybody have any objections if I start to look into this within the next few weeks?

Cheers,

Andrew Fawcett
"The Mad Brit"

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It may not be disclosed to, or used by, anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this message in error, please advise us immediately.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. CODA does not accept responsibility for changes to any email which occur after the email has been sent. Attachments to this email may contain software viruses, which could damage your systems. CODA has checked the attachments for viruses before sending, but you should virus-check them before opening.