Bruce,

Without sending me off to some link to read some 3rd party marketing speak about why I would want to upgrade to Subversion (not that you would do that to me of course), can you please highlight from your own experience what such features of SVN you are desperately seeking that are not currently provided with the normal CVS.

In other words, what nice features of Subversion are going to propel you and other contributors such as myself into more productivity because of features available in SVN that are not available in CVS.

I'm quite happy with CVS and my WinCVS client. I haven't found myself saying, gee it would be really great if CVS had this feature or if CVS had that feature it would make my life really easy and the last thing I want to go and do is be forced to switch to some SVN client when I have something that works well already.

Instead I find myself saying, I wish I had more time to work on Castor and fix all the bugs currently outstanding with Castor XML, or implement new features being requested.

I don't see our current CVS installation holding me back or anyone else back for that matter, so I really can't understand all the out cry for upgrading.

I'm not against upgrading, especially, if it makes our lives easier and more productive, but so far I haven't really seen anyone mention any such feature in Subversion that would do that.

--Keith