From: Keith Visco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 3:16 PM
To: castor-dev@exolab.org
Subject: Re: [castor-dev] Source Generator - Advice/help? please

Hi Paul,

See inline...

Paul Grillo wrote:
> Keith,
>
> I've tried this several times.  I don't see a difference.
> Builder properties file has:
> org.exolab.castor.builder.javaclassmapping=type
>
> The following class files are always built.  I've checked and
rechecked.
> The builder file is being picked up.
>
> VehicleTitle, VehicleTitleDescriptor (top level element?) ok

Yep, ok...

> Owner,OwnerDescriptor (2nd level element) don't want this, it's a
> Party Registrant, RegistrantDescriptor (2nd level element) don't want
> this, it's a Party

That shouldn't happen with the "type" approach, so somehow Castor is not
  using the "type" approach (see below)

> Party, PartyDescripter (ComplexType) ok Lien,LienDescriptor
> (ComplexType) ok
>
> Lienholder, LienholderDescriptor (2nd level element) don't want this,
> it's a Party
>
> Owner, Registrant, Lienholder are all derived from Party, so
> technically it is correct.  But of course I'd like to be able to
> assign the same Party as  both the owner and registrant, and this is
not possible.

> This scenario appears fairly common (to me I guess).  Is there
> something I can do in the binding file to help this?

Oh, you're using a binding file?

In the binding file you might be overriding the "type" centric approach.

The binding file has precendence over the castorbuilder.properties.
Check your binding file for the following attribute (it'll be on the top
binding element):

defaultBindingType='element'

If you have that, then you're overriding the type-centric approach,
either remove that or change it to 'type'.

If you're not using a binding file already, then there may be a bug in
the "default" internal binding logic that is overriding the 'type'
approach. Try using a bindig file with defaultBindingType='type'.

Let me know so I know if I need to look into this further.

Thanks,

--Keith