On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:33:44 +0100, Markus Sell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to use multiple Database Objects within my Application (A Database
> object per Thread). The Application is running standalone, not in a J2EE
> container. In the documentation  I just found "There is little overhead
> involved in opening multiple Database objects...".
>
> But how do I make the Database object thread safe?

The Database object itself is not designed to be thread safe. Castor
JDO assumes one thread per transaction and therefore, one thread per
database object. So as long as your application is using one thread
per Database object everything should be fine.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/