On Friday 18 August 2006 10:57, Brian Kirkbride wrote:
> This is what I had thought initially, but I have come to see the benefit of
> doing it the way Matt describes.

This is the right way of doing it. Another reason for not throwing business
logic into controller is, that sometimes you want to have multiple
controllers supporting variety of interfaces: SOAP,XMLRPC,REST,etc..

This means duplication of business logic across multiple controllers if you
keep business logic in the controller class. Very, very bad. Simple solution,
just keep business logic within the model class, then you can re-use as much
as you want.

> I'm very interested in hearing others' thoughts on this, because it really
> seems to be a point of contention in MVC/Web programming.

Well you just heard mine.

> Best,
> Brian

Alex Pavlovic - CTO
TF-1 Inc. ( Custom development, consultancy and training )
http://taskforce-1.com