Cédric Bouvier wrote:
I have a ѕimple yet thorny problem, which I expect most of you also have
or had. It has several possible solutions, but I'm chiefly interested in
knowing how *you* would solve it and why.

We're developing a Catalyst application. It serves HTML, CSS,
JavaScript, and images. HTML is the output of TT2, but CSS, images and
JavaScript are static. We have them served by C::P::Static::Simple on
the built-in server, and we use a <Location> the have them directly
served by Apache/mod_perl, one the production server. Under mod_perl,
the application's root is not the server's root, i.e., it is
http://server/myapp, whereas it is http://localhost:3000 on the built-in
test server.

This would not be a problem if the CSS were not linking to images. And
because CSS pages are static, they cannot make use of uri_for(), and
therefore get the links to the pictures wrong.

Are the images static? If so then your problem isn't a problem. Judging on your possible suggestions I'd guess not, but just checking.

Ash