My application stores all dates in a MySQL database in the UTC timezone.
Because I'm doing further calculations with these dates after retrieving them
via DBIx::Class I don't want them to get auto-inflated into the timezone
of the current user. The DateTime POD recommends doing date calculations only
with dates of the same timezone and having everything in UTC should make
things work like they're supposed to work (I hope).

I think the DateTime objects should only be converted for displaying purposes
(i.e. when they're going to be displayed in a TT template). Is that correct?
If so, what's the best way (and where's the best place) to achieve this
conversion?

Thanks!

-- Tobias