Leandro Hermida >>>>>
Speed does matter and I believe the original thread question is a valid
one.  Not everyone has the time or the know-how to do wheel reinvention
and write custom daemons (I know I don't).  That's why people write
kernels and libraries and abstraction of lower level things so that
others can build things on top.  Otherwise we would never get anything
done.

So here you're saying that getting things done is more important than pure speed?

So surely you pick the framework that most helps you get things done rather than the one that works fastest?

Carl