On 25 Jan 2007, at 12:36, Jonas Alves wrote:

On 17/01/07, Matt S Trout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 16 Jan 2007, at 17:07, Jonas Alves wrote:
> As for a controller that limits visible attributes, are you wanting
> to do this for the listview or globally?
>
> Imagine that i have 2 forms for the same table. One with all the
> fields and another with just some of them. What came to me was
> define another schema class to the same table but just with some of
> the attributes defined. But that doesn't seem the best aproach...
> But creating new action classes that just differ in the attributtes
> defined doesn't seem a better way. Maybe if I could pass the fields
> to the class when I push it to the viewport. Something like:

Assuming the action can be committed without the additional fields,
just subclass the Action class and override parameter_attributes to
only return the attributes you want visible, then pass a copy of that
action to the ViewPort instead.

It's not perfect, but it works pretty well for me so far so I'm
punting on a better solution until we've got a better idea what we
need out of it.

Thanks Matt. I think i will stick with that.
How about javascript and ajax form validation in Reaction. Is that on the pipeline?

Oh hell yes. Needs a couple bits of infrastructure to do it properly, but it's definitely coming :)
--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for Catalyst, DBIx::Class and BAST. Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for details. + Help us build a better perl ORM: http://dbix- class.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/ +