On 29 Jan 2007, at 13:12, Jonas Alves wrote:

I have tried your aproach before. You can't delete the 'new_password' and 'confirm_new_password' or the confirm_password is not checked against 'new_password'.
You have to live with the warnings in the error log.
But it doesn't work for me either. The problem is that Reaction::InterfaceModel::Action::User::SetPassword and Reaction::InterfaceModel::Action::DBIC::Role::CheckUniques both override 'error_for_attribute' and 'can_apply'. So if you have unique constraints in your schema they don't get evaluated if your class extends from User::SetPassword before ResultSet::Create or if you reverse the order then your confirm password is not checked. I tried to change the methods from override to augment and the super() call to an inner() call but i got following error: Moose::Role cannot support 'augment' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/ Moose/Role.pm line 138

We almost certainly want to be using roles for all of this with around () so it can wrap in-place and doesn't automatically jump to superclass.

The current user stuff is mostly a very simple convenience API that needs its guts factoring out into more easily composable components. Patches to do so welcome :)

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for Catalyst, DBIx::Class and BAST. Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for details. + Help us build a better perl ORM: http://dbix- class.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/ +