On 2/18/07, Mark Zealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

re the easy solutions presented earlier in the thread for sticking a form
into
a db and back again; I don't ususally make the code that simple because it
could open up injection attacks and doesn't work too well with more
complex
forms or fields. I usually explicitly list which fields i want to use so
then
a typo in the form or a forgotten/newly added field in the form will not
allow remote users to mess with bits of the database you don't want them
mess with. I guess you could probably use db column permissions to do that
db-side though.

Mark

The FormBuilder tutorial mentions that it limits the data that can be passed
through the forms it creates (see the "Important:" note near the bottom of
the page):

http://www.formbuilder.org/tutor/index.pl?c=1&s=7

Has anyone looked into how comprehensive these protections are against the
full range of possible attacks?