On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Mario Minati wrote:

Am Dienstag 20 März 2007 16:52 schrieb Carl Franks:
On 20/03/07, Mario Minati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- text with german umlauts from lexicon style pm files is currupted, it
is

Does your .pm file have "use utf8;" ?
It's necessary for when you have UTF-8 in perl source files.

Waow that did the trick for my first problem.
I thought it would only be necessary if you have var names with umlauts. Now I
know better ;-)

A good rule with Unicode is "Unicode anywhere, then Unicode everywhere". It's not worth trying to sometimes encode things and sometimes not. Just encode all incoming data as utf8, all the time. Submit everything as UTF8, all the time.

-dave