On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Luis Azevedo wrote:

Hi All,

In Root.pm, "auto" action I am trying to break the execution of chain of
Actions.

To be more exact, whenever I detect I loose connection to a socket or cookie session, I want to redirect the user to a login action, not rendering the
action the user is calling.

I know I can make a simple $c->res->redirect() but the problem is I need to show a message in the login page telling the reason for the "logout". Usually I am passing messages trough Stash. Redirecting to the Login page needs to pass message somehow (through GET or POST, therefore not so beautiful s).

see $c->flash method in perldoc Catalyst::Plugin::Session --
"Think of it as a stash that lasts for longer than one request, letting you redirect instead of forward."

I have tried to detach the /login action, in "auto" action from Root.pm controller, but it is not working and I don't know why. See the actions
chain:
| /auto
|  -> /login/index
| /about/index
| /end

The user called the /about action.

Can I break the chain somehow in Root.pm, "auto" action?

have you tried avoiding detach and using { $c->forward('/login/ index'); return 0; } ?