If you don't need transaction you don't use it. This is not we talking
about. To use transaction or not in every case is a high-level logic
decision

2007/4/27, Jeff Chimene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Oleg Pronin wrote:
> One can say that it is a very rare situation. I can tell you that in
> production environment (about 1.000.000 hits per day) it happens every
> day several times. Some users just see an error, some lost their data.
> This is just not always visible to you.
The OP may find a requirement to incorporate a transaction model
(explicit start txn/commit/rollback) to solve this problem in MySQL;
which is what they'd have to do for Oracle or Postgres or Rdb. I'd hope
that MySQL reports a transaction failure when the database connection
evaporates. This would allow a retry on the failed transaction. However,
it may be that the Catalyst Controller / View design/implementation is
only what would ordinarily be flat file accesses that use SQL instead of
keyed-access flat files. If that's the case, wrapping a transaction
around each of these SQL prepare/execute pairs will be a substantial
performance hit.

Searchable archive: