On Tue, 8 May 2007, John Napiorkowski wrote:

Just a general question to the list to see if there is interest in getting together a conference dedicated to Catalyst developers. Or is the feeling that the normal Perl conferences cover all our needs?

I could definitely imagine a low-key one-day one-track conference (aka, a workshop). I don't know that there's enough "stuff" to talk about to warrant multiple days or multiple tracks.

I think the biggest problem to overcome is getting enough speakers and listeners _in one area_. There's no doubt many Catalyst users around the world, but are they willing to fly somewhere to attend a workshop like this?

One possibility might be to try to piggyback a "Catalyst day" before/after an existing Perl conference like YAPC or OSCON. That way you don't have to work as hard to get an audience.

-dave