Its linux, and yeah I know its not much for a production box, these are
basically standalone machines (laptops) to take to events that one person at
a time would use to sign up through a web form.  I would assume 256 MB is
enough to start apache.  I assume mod_perl has been tested and runs fine
under apache 2.2.x and that is indeed not the problem, but I'd have to have
someone verify that.

Thanks again,
John

"John Goulah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/15/2007 10:03:59 AM:

> Thats odd, since I have 256MB of memory (not a ton, but should be
> enough).  On other box with a slightly older version of apache (2.0.
> 55) it works fine, except my second question was never answered-- I
> still need a full path in the validator config settings.   Maybe I
> can define some path in my default yaml file and use that?  Or
> better  yet, is there a way to dynamically get the path?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Well,  256 mb of ram in total?  I assume linux or bsd?  You are talking
memory starvation and swap hell just from loading the OS, generic daemons
and things like fs cache (in any modern distro not pruned down to hell).
Add apache and mod_perl to that equation and you will find yourself
licking
the bucket soon enough.

-Wade

> On 5/15/07, Carl Johnstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [info] Registration powered by Catalyst 5.7007
> > fork: Cannot allocate memory
> > unable to fork new process
>
> You've ran out of memory!
>
> Might be worth watching top/task manager in another window whilst you
try
> startup to see what's going on memory wise.
>
> Carl

> Searchable archive:

Searchable archive: