On Sun, 20 May 2007, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

* Dave Rolsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-05-15 01:00]:
 eval
 {
     $user->update( %bunch_of_stuff );
 };

 if ( my $e = Exception::Class->caught(
 'My::App::Exception::DataValidation') )
 {
     # $e->errors contains multiple data validation error messages
     # stuff them in the session
     # save the user's form submission in the session
     # redirect back to form
 }
 elsif ( my $e = $@ )
 {
     die $e;
 }

Then on the display side, I check the session for error
messages and saved form arguments, and do something useful with
them.

Surely you mean the stash, not the session?

No, I mean the session. I always keep the URIs for my form display and form submission separate, and I do a redirect after form submission.

In the Catalyst case, I generally take advantage of the flash feature, since it's perfect for this sort of stuff.

-dave