Yipes, I'm behind on my e-mail!

While I agree with most of the replies to this thread earlier regarding the overhead, there are times when calling a REST web service is handy (although not in the context you're talking about)... So I just wanted to mention that I uploaded a thin wrapper that lets you create a Catalyst model out of a REST service:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/WebService-CRUST/lib/Catalyst/Model/ WebService/CRUST.pm

I'd be interested in any feedback anyone has.
(and I just noticed the error in the docs where $c->stash{result} should be $c->stash->{result}, etc)