I posted this to UP, and wondered if anyone has run across this issue
during their Catalyst hacking sessions.

There's a long standing bug/feature with Firefox with input type=image
elements.  When the user has images turned off, the image is 404ed or
just not loaded...when it's clicked, no x/y coords are sent to the server.

Just this week, we've had complaints from users getting an error on our
site they shouldn't. As it turns out, they get the error because we
check to make sure button.x and button.y have values...but Firefox is
passing them without values.

Now, for the odd part. This is happening to people who by all
appearances, have the image loaded. My Firefox 2/3 work just dandy, yet
we have one internal user who gets the error (but the image is loaded
via a provided screenshot).

I have no idea what the hell is going on, but it's damn strange. This is
about as much fun as the other gecko bug I found in the old Compuserve7
version, where if you used javascript to hide a button after it was
clicked, the browser would post nothing with a Content-Length: 0.

Anyone else seen this before?

I can check the request elements to make sure button.x and butt.y were
sent, even without values to fix the problem, but at this point I'd like
to know what's really going on here.

-=Chris

--
Let them eat cake and false positives.

-----BEGIN NSATT SNOOP BLOCK-----
building bomb tower terrorist grenade c4 explosive plot hijack
plane police feds white house guns dirty device convoy president
war chemical death drop off mule undercover launch rocket drug
covert cell cerin mass infidel Allah package subway mass