Anyone done any integration with Class::Workflow and mapping object states to actions? I need to get back on the Mango wagon this week and I'm toying with making checkout nothing more than configurable states of an order.

My first question is me wondering if checkout states are the same as order states, or if they should/could be two separate workflows.

For example, once the customer places an order, we could have the following rather common order states:

    new
    processed
    authorized
    declined
    packed
    shipped
    refunded
    returned
    delivered

During the checkout process, we have things like:

    initialized   (create an order from cart)
    addressed     (enter billto/shipto)
    shipmethod    (selected ship method)
    preview
    submitted

These can technically be states of the order preceding 'new', but I could also envision them as states of the checkout process itself and not necessarily states of the order itself.

My other goal is to simply have /checkout/<state> be the uri structure for checkout, using transitions to kick off various plugins acting against the order.

Thoughts? Anyone been down this road with Workflow in Catalyst?

-=Chris