Byron Young wrote on 3/5/08 4:29 PM:

Everything looks good, right?  My List actions work!  However, the CRUD
actions don't work because the FormConfig actions seem to have been
ignored -- $c->stash->{form} is undef :(

I wouldn't expect anything in stash() to persist from request to request. Don't do anything with stash during new(). new() is called once per app life, at startup. stash() is for each request.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Should I just forego using new() and
do initial setup the first time auto() is called in each of my base
controllers?

depends on what kind of thing you are setting up. I have used multiple inheritance in my controllers to good effect (see CatalystX::CRUD::Controller and its descendents for example). In general, only set up things in new() (or its cousins) for stuff you want to set up once per app: config, persistent objects, etc. IME, there isn't much you want like that.

--
Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  [EMAIL PROTECTED]