On 11 May 2008, at 16:55, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

You seem upset that we're ditching YAML.  Don't be.  The defaults are
designed for people that don't know how to change the defaults.  You
already know how to use YAML, so use it and forget what everyone else
thinks. Config::General is not nearly as good as YAML, but it is harder to completely fuck up; that's why we're changing to it. The idea is to
make it easier to not care for people who don't care :)

Some programmers will find yaml better and easier for them in configuring their app. However, almost everyone else will find yaml obscure and difficult (especially non-programmers, configuring your app). Anyway, the straw that broke the camels back was that I realised this morning that it is not possible to put correct YAML in POD. I was feeling motivated, so I took action.