Forgive me if this is a newbie question. I have a suspicion I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find the answer with a google search.

I'm developing my first Catalyst application, and it's going fairly well. For now, I'm using the test server (ie, scripts/ myapp_server.pl), which is great for where I'm at now.

The problem is: I'm connecting to a local MySQL database in my model over a socket. Frequently but intermittently, this seems to get corrupted. I get messages like:

DBIx::Class::ResultSet::next(): DBI Connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket 'ple::Cookie' (2) at ...

(Refresh changes the nonsense after the word socket, the 'ple::Cookie' in this case.)

If I restart the server, and hit refresh, it works fine. Sometimes I can get a dozen or so requests through, sometimes only one or two.

I've got an abstraction layer in front of my model - not using DBIx::Class directly as the model, but it does use a perl library that ultimately does use DBIx::Class. I don't see these kinds of problems from my unit tests directly against the libraries that the model uses.

Is this a known issue with the standalone server? Or am I not doing something I ought with the database layer?

Thanks for any pointers,

Kirby