Johannes Plunien wrote:
Hi,

there's already C::A::Store::LDAP to authenticate users against LDAP servers. This module fetches a user from LDAP and checks his password (if you told C::A::Credential::Password password_type => self_check). In most of my apps i don't want to fetch the user from LDAP whereas i just want to check his password against LDAP. The user, his roles and preferences are stored in a database. So i use C::A::Store::DBIx::Class to retrieve a user from the store and a custom C::A::Credential::LDAP to verify his password. Maybe this setup is used by someone else too and above all C::A::Credential::LDAP is useful?
If that's the case i'll put it on CPAN - what do you think?
Sounds useful.

Also, somewhat apropos, I have a C::A::{Store,Credential}::ActiveDirectory that I based on the LDAP stuff. The LDAP modules didn't work for me because they want to bind anonymously and retrieve the crypted password, whereas AD just wants to authenticate with a bind. My stuff also gets role information from AD groups. I've been meaning to get it out on CPAN one of these days, but it hasn't been a priority; I suppose I can work on it if anyone else needs it though.

Bruce