ivorw wrote:
The only trouble is I'm struggling to get it working. Using Sendmail as
the mailer sends the mail out - I receive it no problem, but the
application gets an exception "error when closing pipe to
/usr/bin/sendmail. No child processes ..."

I see that you have moved on to other packages, but just thought that I'd mention that I got this error executing a Perl system call using the development server because Catalyst::Engine::HTTP contains:
local $SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE';

Commenting this line out makes the error go away. I have no idea if there are other downstream issues. But the non-development servers don't do this, so you won't get the error there.

Gerda