On 23 Jan 2009, at 15:00, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
I like this quite a bit, more than some of the other solutions
which I tried, and think I'll use this.

Glad you like it :)

One question, from an arithmetically-challenged one: How would
I modify this to allow the user to skip by, say, tens? If you
have a search with 1000 pages, you can only go to the
beginning or end, but getting to the middle would be
unbearably tedious (it would be only slight less tedious
having to do it be tens, but still better).

Well, it really depends on how you want to display the results. But I guess you'd do some kind of loop, doing (i * 10) to get the multiples of 10 - the just looping until you exceed total_pages. However, this is really getting a bit more complex than should be in a template (arguably, even my template is too complex) - so you should look to maybe subclass Data::Page to do this for you.

Jesse Sheidlower