On 10 Feb 2009, at 10:53, Neo [GC] wrote:
Apart from Catalyst being really resource hungry, the startup time for the application (testserver oder fastcgi) is ok, about 4 seconds on my development-system (CentOS on VMware Fusion on MacOS X Leopard, Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz). It's not perfect for developing, but it is completely acceptable.

What version of Centos?
What perl are you using?

But as soon as I activate my DBIx schemas, the startup time multiplies: 12 seconds with my first (and most important) schema, 25 seconds when using all schemas.

Have a look at this document (from a dev DBIC release):-

http://search.cpan.org/~ribasushi/DBIx-Class-0.08099_06/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Troubleshooting.pod#Perl_Performance_Issues_on_Red_Hat_Systems
or
  http://tinyurl.com/cwb6tq   (look at Performance section at bottom).

        Nigel.