From: "Ashley" <a...@sedition.com>
And while others have made good points there were many that
weren't so hot. Using a big company as an example of a place
that picks the best is ridiculous; their size and bureaucracy
often mean they can't. When I was at Amazon I watched
them burn millions of dollars on dead end projects

It might not be a good example for developers, but it surely is a good example for the managers.

All the managers want to use the same tools used by the important companies, because they can trust the big companies much more than the smaller and unknown ones, and if they would hear that Google uses Catalyst, Ebay uses Catalyst, Amazon uses Catalyst, and successfully, they will trust Catalyst more.

Octavian