Am 23.02.2009 um 10:53 schrieb Alexander Hartmaier:

I'm currently patching the hell out of Controller::DBIC::API.
Search by passing a json string and pagination is already in the repo,
prefetch support is done but needs some sort of controller side
restriction so that someone can't fetch the contents of the whole db by
using the rels (api for that welcome).

This should/could be the basis for ajax based LFB modules to load data
instead of relying on an LFB internal API.

What I'd like to see is a more split up LFB so I could use the (extjs)
form generation on a per table (=controller) basis wherever I need it
(for tables where a customized form isn't needed).

-  Alex

Hi all,

I'm following a different approach. My current project uses HTML::FormFu
config files for both validating user input and generating json which
contains the data of a resultset or result row. I do not use the html
generation capabilities of FormFu, just validation, filters, transformers,
inflators and deflators.

I wrote http://search.cpan.org/~perler/DBIx-Class-AsObject-0.09_01/ which is far from being stable. But it generates a perl object from a result row
using a HTML::FormFu configuration file.

I think Controller::DBIC::API lacks of the ability to do proper validation.
Maybe we can join forces on that one and add a configuration file to
each controller.

moritz