On 14 Mar 2009, at 20:26, Moritz Onken wrote:

Hi Scott,

thanks for the info, do you use any particular module or have you built it yourself? I have found so far:

HTML::FormFu::ExtJS
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu-ExtJS

any you'd recommend taking a look at?

thanks again

adam

Hi Adam,

I'm the author of the above mentioned modules. C::C::HTML::FormFu::ExtJS was just a proof of concept. You can use it though. It's simply a subclass of C::C::HTML::FormFu and replaces new HTML::FormFu with new HTML::FormFu::ExtJS.

HTML::FormFu::ExtJS is actively developed. The version on CPAN is not very recent because I'm waiting for the maintainer of HTML::FormFu to release a new version. The most recent version is at http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu-ExtJS/ (requires the svn version of HTML::FromFu).

Try it, look at the tests, see me at IRC #formfu or email me. I'd be glad if someone is using this module so we can find bugs and add features to it.

Thanks for the link Moritz,

I'm working my way through your examples from

http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu-ExtJS/lib/HTML/FormFu/ExtJS.pm

Should javascript.tt2 contain this:

<script type="text/javascript">
Ext.onReady(function(){
 var submitForm = function() {
   form.getForm().submit({ success: function(rst, req) {
      // submission was successful and valid } })
    }
   });
 };

var form = [% form.render %];
 form.render(document.body);
});
</script>

I needed to make these changes to get it to display.

thanks again for your help?

adam