--- On Thu, 4/23/09, Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp.perl.catalyst.us...@weftsoar.net>
wrote:

> From: Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp.perl.catalyst.us...@weftsoar.net>
> Subject: Re: [Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage
> To: catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk
> Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 1:34 PM
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:19:50AM
> -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean by tl;dr
>
> "too long, didn't read".  Big blocks of text.
> You could probably split each of
> those paragraphs up so that people's eyes don't get lost in
> the middle.
>
> > > Moose Object Development Environment: huh? does
> anyone call
> > > it that anywhere?
> >
> > We really need something, since "Moose" alone mean
> nothing to most of the
> > world.  Willing to hear suggestions.  I'll
> bring it to the Moose channels as
> > well.
>
> 'the Moose object system' -- that's its name and what it
> is.  If that's not
> good enough, well, you already know where to find people to
> discuss it with.
>
> Ranting at me about how this is really important is a
> little odd since you left
> this to be discovered in a Catalyst press release rather
> than, say, bringing it
> up on #moose or mo...@perl.org --
> it's not like you've been trying to get us to
> decide on a name for months or something, and have now
> given up.
>
> hdp.

I'm sorry if you think this was a rant aimed at you.  It's not.  I do think the
release of Catalyst is a great opportunity to help Moose raise awareness.  Part
of this copy was hucked down onto my laptop while riding the train between work
and home, no particular text is intended to aggrieve anyone.

On the other hand, if I'm willing to take a few body blows if that's what it
takes to cause some discussion.

Changes made to the wiki, hopefully it's closer.  Would be great to get some
more details in responses, such as more particular words or sentences we don't
feel is right.

peace,
John