On Mon, 25 May 2009, J. Shirley wrote:

Rather than Catalyst being geared towards TT, I would say Mason is geared
towards being a framework :)

Well, sort of. Mason is quite usable as a "pure" templating system. I use Mason with Catalyst for all my new projects, and the framework parts of Mason really don't matter to me.

The view should just be thin templates, in that regard I would recommend
using Catalyst::View::MicroMason (
http://search.cpan.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-View-MicroMason-0.05/lib/Catalyst/View/MicroMason.pm)
which wraps Text::MicroMason (Mason template syntax without the
"framework").

Except you also lose really useful non-framework features like autohandlers, which are like TT's WRAPPER (but better, IMO).

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)